Stained Glass Windows
There is no ancient glass surviving. All the existing glass has been put in during the last hundred years or so. The east window is of Belgian glass, dating from c.1860. Opinions differ on its merits.
The most interesting window is in the north aisle. It was provided by the change-ringers of England as a memorial to Jasper Whitfield Snowdon, a son of Vicar John Snowdon. He was a great authority on campanology, and the revival of the art of change-ringing owes a great deal to his influence, both in this country and abroad. When he died, in 1885, 'muffled peals to his memory were rung in almost every tower of note throughout the country. (Text on this page by John Le Patourel (1981) from his Guide to the Church)